Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Holiday

I love Christmas.  I love the spirit of cheer and giving, I love the carols to a newborn King.  Especially I love the Gospel of Luke and the glad message it has to give the world.
I also love Easter.  Without the sacrifice of His life, Christmas would be "just another birthday of just another baby."(S.W.Kimball)  This ultimate gift to mankind is the reason for both Christmas and Easter.
I notice, however, a lack of holiday designated to celebrate the life of Jesus.  He lived in a way we all should emulate, showing true compassion to everyone, without regard to how much they deserve His love. 
Therefor, I propose a new holiday, perhaps sometime in June, to celebrate the greatest life ever lived.  The gift of His life is precious and valuable, and should be honored and kept in our hearts.
Not to mention that religious holidays, like Christmas and Easter, have the best candy.  I presume LifeDay would generate excellent sugar highs as well.
Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment